So today I did a DIY desinged by… ME hahaha So the result is as always quite poor, anyway I’m gonna make a post about it so you can improve it😀
Lets start with the materials:
- 1/2 of leather strap
- 3 or 4 pieces that look old: moneys, cross, tribal simbols, etc… *
- Washers, a clousure and some kind of wire.
- 2 or 3 stones in the colors you prefer (they must be little stones)
*Tip: If you see some bead that you like but it doesn’t look old enough or it’s too shinny you can always make it more old-like painting it with black or brown permanent marker and gently remove it with a cotton swab wet in nail polish remover. This is what I did with the cross😀
So know that you have the materials you olny have to start doing the bracelet. I personally prefer to star putting all the beads into their washers, but it may be quite unpracticall if you think about it, anyway the big part of the process is to put every single bead in the leather strap, and that it’s really easy to do, so I’m gonna give you a couple of advices:
- Set some beads around the leather strap so they act like buffer to the rest of the beads that are going to be moving around all the leather strap.
- Try your bracelet almost every single bead you put to see if it’s balanced and it looks nice.
- Be very careful when working with wire. It can have hard edges that will hurt you when you wear your nice-homemade bracelet so try to leave the edges as close and round as posible.
And I think that is all I have to say in respect of this DIY. I know I’m not quite good making this sort of post but I thought it would be interesting. Last but not leats don’t fail to send me a photo of your bracelet if you try this, I would love to see it ;D